Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!
Top 10 Reasons to Buy New Construction
In today’s real estate world, there are lots of choices homebuyers have to make, including what age they want their home to be. Here is a list of 10 reasons why you should aim to buy new construction as opposed to older construction.
- Ease of maintenance: New homes do not require as much upkeep as older homes. They are built with low or no-maintenance materials, so you have more time to enjoy what is important.
- Personalization: Homebuyers love that they have control over interior and exterior designs and finishes. They will get a home that feels like theirs the day you move in.
- Floor Plans For Today’s Lifestyle: New home designs are updated for a modern life style. Open kitchens bring the family together, while master suites with luxurious baths help you relax after a long day at work. These flexible spaces work to meet your personal needs.
- Energy Efficiency: FGBC Green Certifications, and ENERGY STAR ratings all work together to dramatically reduce energy use. These homes save an average of 30-40 per cent off utility costs. We care about the impact our homes have on the environment, and try to improve the future communities, saving you money in the process.
- Safety: Older homes may have safety problems that are not immediately apparent due to lack of maintenance, or dated building standards and practices. Current construction codes ensure a quality home that is built with your family’s safety in mind.
- Technology: All new ensures that your home meets all your modern needs and concerns. It is not always cost effective to retrofit an older home with the convenience of outlets, phone jacks, cable boxes, and internet ports.
- Warranties and Customer Service: Resale homes rarely have warranties past one year of purchase, if they have one at all. New homes provide a limited warranty, and helps educate homebuyers on how to run their homes more efficiently.
- Amenities: Older communities are rarely designed with a focus on the outdoors. New homes often offer a variety of amenities, including jogging paths, play grounds, and pools. There are also lakes and environmentally friendly green spaces available.
- Move in Ready: everything about your home should be picture perfect, and older homes rarely come in perfect condition. It is often the little touches that really make you appreciate the differences between a new and old home. When you see your fully sodded, professionally landscaped lawn you know exactly what you get.
- Choice: It has never been a better time to buy. The choice is easy with beautiful designs, new home selections, and exciting communities to choose from. Interest rate are at a historical low at the present time, and prices on construction materials continue to rise, which may make the cost if your home go up if you delay too long in your decision.
If you couldn’t already tell, there are so many benefits to buying a newer home. Some benefits appear sooner, some show themselves over time, but in the end buying new construction is a smart choice to make.